[Bf-python] exppython and gameengine

Michael Hertel maci_ray at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 16 13:37:56 CEST 2003

 --- Michel Selten <michel.s at home.nl> schrieb: > On
Tue, 2003-07-15 at 13:13, Michael Hertel wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there any effort to make the gameegine work
> with
> > exppython? In Blender 2.25 I can use the Blender
> > Module.
>
> We have not looked at a working Python api for the
> gameengine yet.

> Main reason was that the gameengine doesn't work
anyway
> :/
Does`t work you can`t say. Rendering works. I just
need some of the simple physics functionating.

BTW:
There seems to be some bugs in texture conversation...

> The old bpython implementation has the code for a
> work-around, or a
> so-called hack for fixing the Python api problem
> with regards to the
> gameengine. Porting that hack to the new code is no
> problem at all, but
> maybe we should go for a more structural and good
> solution.

Hmm, I need Blender API for object
creation/modification. Having this in gameengine would
satisfy my needs.

> I guess this will only happen when the gameengine
> has the SOLID support
> back in...

We have to wait for. What exactly happend to ODE
integration?

Maci_Ray