[Bf-python] Off-topic:spe-0.14c released

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 14:15:46 CEST 2003

Hi Manuel,
The problem is that you use the new version of
wxPython. Spe works with version wxPython-2.4.0.7 (as
written in the readme.txt)  Unfortunately wxPython is
often not consistent from release to release. This
problem I have more often when I write wxpython
programs.  They always have to be adapted with every
release.  Spe seems to run with wxPython versions
lower than 2.4.0.7
Probably somewhere in the end of august the version of
Spe will be updated to the new wxPython
But I don't know if spe issues should be discussed
here. Maybe it's better to post from now on to
http://projects.blender.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=102
If you really want to try spe, you have to download
and install the other version of wxPython.
Sorry for that,
Stani
--- Manuel <manuelbastioni at tin.it> wrote:
> I can't run it (0.14c)
> I've python2.2.1 full installation and
> wxPythonWIN32-2.4.1.2u-Py22.exe,
> using win2000
> I've run setup.py install, and after this double
> click on spe.py (and tried
> on spe.pyc too).
> This is the error message:
>
> C:\spe>C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\spe\spe.pyc
>
> Starting Spe...
> Importing modules...
> C:\spe\sm\wxp.py:24: UserWarning: PyCrust has been
> renamed to Py.  Use
> import py'
>   from wxPython.lib.PyCrust import crust,shell,
> filling
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\spe\spe.py",
> line 14, in ?
>     import framework.wxMDIParentFrame1 as
> wxMDIParentFrame1
>   File

"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\spe\framework\wxMDIParentFrame1.
> 11, in ?
>     import parentInit
>   File

"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\spe\framework\parentInit.py",