[Bf-python] API python 2.3 ?

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 01:58:03 CET 2003

I can also report success with Python 2.3.2 under Linux.  Basically, it
worked immediately for me with the main Blender CVS tree, without any
changes to the Blender code at all.  I haven't tried compiling tuhopuu
for a while, so I'm unsure about that.

Can anyone summarize the arguments for keeping Python 2.2 as the
"official" version?

AFAICT, upgrading to 2.3 now is an easy task.  I'm not great at building
software, but upgrading Python (I use it for other things - mainly
numeric computation) is dead easy for me.  I don't buy the arguments
that I remember hearing about not upgrading because it's a hassle for
everyone.  Surely since it's an open source product, we should be doing
our best to keep the latest official Python release the one that Blender
uses?

Jonathan Merritt.