[Bf-modeling] bevel new face material

Howard Trickey howard.trickey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:59:22 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe it has to be an offset so an object with multiple materials
> get them properly remapped.
>
> For example if you have 3 materials and want new materials for each
> one of the faces when they are affected by the modifier: You create
> mat_1, mat_2, mat_3, mat_new_1, mat_new_2, mat_new_3 and set offset as
> 3.

Thanks Dalai.

But the premise there is that there is an "old" material that should be
mapped to a new one,
for each face, where the "old" material may differ per newly created face.
In the case of bevel, what is the "old" material?  I think the creator of
the bug did not want or
like the idea of using the "nearest" old face.

Cheers,