[Bf-marketing] Re: Blender Press Release

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sun Dec 4 11:19:07 CET 2005

Le 4 déc. 05 à 11:04, Tom M a écrit :

> Hi Rui,
>> - Arm yourself with the the new and easy Armature and Rigging system,
>> you won't get any faster than this.
>
> These were written in a 'staccato' style, to give aburpt and jarring
> impact which generates a mental excitement.  Having them rewritten in
> typical sentence structure I think greatly reduces the impact.

I fully agree, this is not literature, but highlights.

>>>  - Freedom - all IK joints can now have degree of freedom limits
>> This perhaps could be dropped out, make an highlight of the stronger
>> points.
>
> Possibly - lukep what are your thoughts?

this is imho one of the strongest points, other packages have that
since ages

>>>  - Get into the action - Non linear action editor was fully revised
>> Should we state this ? Dunno if it is catchy enough ?
>
> I like the lead in, but it definitely needs a better secondary
> sentence.
>
>>>  - Watch the knife - subdivide tools have been greatly expanded,
>>> new mesh tools
>> Should we mention this ? Is it catchy enough to make it in here ?
>
> I'd like some mention of the mesh tools (edge slide, edge ring select,
> and the subdividing) - but probably we need a new sentence.  Maybe

All phrases cannot be catchy. that some are weakier is not a problem
if the leads are ok

> Step into the ring - with the edge ring selection, subdivide recode,
> and new edge sliding tools will make you a modeling champ

The lead woufd be good, but edge selection was already in 2.37 ;)

>>>  - Bouncy Balls - softbody objects can now can collide with other
>>> objects.
>> This should have been on SB since beginning, so I think we should
>> leave
>> this out.
>
> I think you might be right, lukep your thoughts?

it is a bit minor yes