[Bf-interface] Ho to add a material node (in blender internal & BGE)

Alexander Romanov a.romanov at blend4web.com
Wed Jan 20 09:56:06 CET 2016

Hi Jorge!
As I understand correctly "custom shader node" means node that can be implemented with python.
Unfortunately blender doesn't have custom nodes that could affect OpenGL shader pipeline.
Also compositing editor is not supported by OpenGL. But viewport has some post effects
like "Depth of field" and "Ambient occlusion". And they was implemented in the Blender core,
for Viewport only, because there was reasons. As I understand correctly this is pure post effects.
The effects you mentioned (maybe except blur) use more complex techniques. All this effects require
additional rendering passes that could be easily implemented in the blender core, than upgrading
current material system and compositing system to have custom shader node. And compositing
system even not supported by OpenGL.Correct me if I am mistaken.

Suchdiscussionis more suitable for bf-viewport at blender.org and bf-gamedev at blender.org
Also look http://www.clement-foucault.com/#blender_pbr

--
Alexander Romanov (Blend4Web Team)