[Bf-interface] Ho to add a material node (in blender internal & BGE)

Jorge Gascon Perez jorge.gascon.perez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:07:24 CET 2016

Dear devs,

My name is Jorge (One of the developers of BlenderCave and Blender VR) and
I would like to implement a way to make custom GLSL shaders whose
result can be viewed in the Blender viewport. Could you help me?

Currently I have a model in Blender that is rendered in the viewport, I use
Blender Internal and the GLSL shading model for rendering it very fast.
In addition I have put a node graph of complex materials in order to have
Normal Mapping, reflection textures and so on.

My scene is based on the PBR tutorial that you can find at:
https://cgcookie.com/2015/05/20/pbr-in-blenders-viewport/

So, I would like to find a way to code custom GLSL based materials (I would
like to implement Motion blur, Glow, refraction and other effects in order
to see them in the viewport in realtime). Is that possible? How could I do
that? could you help me with some hints?

Finally, I have a strong C/C++, OpenGL and GLSL background, so I figure
that I could be comfortable implementing that inside Blender source code.

How can I start? Thank you very much :-)

--
Jorge.

--
Jorge.