[Bf-gamedev] PBR Workflow

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 22:58:03 CET 2015

Hi guys,

Yes this is one of the (preliminary) targets for Blender 2.8! Several
people at this year's conference expressed interest in a better Blender -->
Unreal pipeline. Especially for materials. I just started talking to some
folks at Epic and hope to work closely with them and Blenderheads alike.

The big parts:
1) nodal GLSL material system that feeds into a PBR combiner node
2) updated viewport that renders #1
3) export rich materials from Blender, import into Unreal Engine with no
quality loss

If any parts of these are already available please point them out!

Unreal isn't the only possible target, just the one I'm most interested in
& seems to have wider interest in the community.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire