[Bf-gamedev] Code style in the BGE

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:12:04 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 5:32 AM, Sybren A. Stüvel <sybren at stuvel.eu> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 06:37:10PM -0800, Jacob Merrill wrote:
>> if they unify the style and organize the code, this will speed
>> development right?
>
> Yes.

I wouldn't want to over-state speed/efficiency aspect.
It makes reading and patch-review a little faster and means if someone
submits really strange code - we can just link them to the style-guide
instead of having a discussion every time.
Occasionally I come across bugs which were obscured by strange code-style too.

Even so, I doubt this would make significant/noticeable changes to BGE
development.

--
- Campbell