[Bf-gamedev] Using blender timeline features

Owen Alanzo Hogarth gurenchan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 06:28:01 CEST 2015

Hello ladies and gentlemen

I was looking at blender as a 2d animation editor something in the vein of
spriter or spine. I looked at those two software but they both have issues
and I would also like to stay in the open source ecosystem.

With that being said, when you create animations, say bone armatures for 2d
sprites and animate them, I would like instead of exporting a series of
sprite frames, instead export some data, that could be used in any game
engine to then play back those animations real time just like the way they
are in blender.

Is there already something like this? If so can I get information on it? If
not, then I would like to start working on an exporter that say exports
some standard data that can be parsed and then used to run the animations
in a real time game engine anything from libgdx to cocos2dx.

Best,
Owen