[Bf-gamedev] Bf-gamedev Digest, Vol 16, Issue 3

Ed edspammer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:14:13 CET 2015

Ah, obviously I wasn't clear!

Standalone files are certainly possible and that is why I want to use my
model in the BGE.

Fly Mode can also be recreated using Python (presumably). Which would serve
my purposes. But I have found that it is not so easy to recreate it and
even relatively experienced users face quite a long process and several
workarounds to get it working. For example, see all the help others have
kindly given me on this thread:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?361352-Fly-mode-in-game-engine&p=2808823#post2808823

As Fly Mode has already been coded, I wondered whether it could be ported
to the game engine and made a standard thing. Maybe as an Add On script.
Had a bit of discussion about it on IRC yesterday, where that seemed to be
the preferred way to go about it.

My difficulty is that I don't have the skills to dig into the Blender
source and extract the Fly Mode code and/or to write a new bit of code in
Python. As it is something that I thought others would find useful, I
wondered whether somebody on this list would be interested in taking a look.

Ed