[Bf-gamedev] Servo Control needs some attention

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Feb 3 00:03:13 CET 2015

Hi all,

In the past months, a colleague of mine and I have been using the
physics system of the BGE quite extensively. We implemented our own PD
(proportional/derivative) controllers in Python, but that has obvious
performance issues. The BGE has a logic brick Servo Control that
appears to implement a similar type of controller. However, there are
issues with it, and IMO it needs some reworking.

I've written up what I perceive to be issues, ranging from naming and
documentation to downright bugs and missing features. Rather than
writing it all down in this email, I created a task to discuss this at
https://developer.blender.org/T43538 and invite you all to come over
and join the discussion!

Kind regards,
--