[Bf-gamedev] Perhaps consider OpenGEX instead of FBX/Collada?

Michael Knubben michaelknubben at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:49:46 CEST 2014

Also consider that game engine compatibility is only one aspect of fbx.
Andy already alluded to it by mentioning other software, but I just want to
make sure everyone understands: fbx's other main draw is that it's an
exchange format. My colleagues work with Maya and Max (sometimes Modo,
softimage), and it's incredibly important that all files can be imported to
any package without losing information (extra uv channels, rig, materials,
ngons etc) as is often the case with older formats such as obj or 3ds.

http://flickr.com/photos/michaelknubben/