[Bf-gamedev] Unreal Engine-like Viewport Navigation (patch)

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:09:26 CET 2014

Replies in-line:

@Tanaku:

>  Is there any “movement falloff” when you let go of a directional key?

No, there is no movement falloff. To be honest I thought my computer
was lagging, so I didn't realize this was a feature in Unreal. On the
other hand, Unreal has a slow start of the movement, and I guess this
may be one of the reasons for the falloff implementation. What I did
instead was to start the movement right away (when accessing the
navigation via the arrows directly).

> Also, the patch didn’t mention if you implemented the mouse wheel to increase or decrease movement sensitivity or if it was being considered.

This was already implemented in Blender, so didn't come as something
new on the patch.

@Michael:

> Does this mean you implemented a keymap for the fly/walk-mode, or is this an entirely separate piece of code? It would be great if you could expose that to the user,  as currently it's hardcoded.

What exactly is hardcoded? The modal map is already exposed to the
user in Blender 'master'.

Thanks for the comments,
Dalai
--