[Bf-gamedev] Re: Unreal Engine-like Viewport Navigation (patch)

Takanu Kyriako crocadillian at me.com
Fri Nov 14 05:33:23 CET 2014

I can’t test it as I don't have my computer setup for custom Blender builds (yet), but this looks pretty awesome.  Is there any “movement falloff” when you let go of a directional key?  I couldn’t tell in the video, and it makes the movement feel generally better, even if it’s superfluous.  It’s been a while since I opened UE4 but I think the engine has it?  I remember that being the reason why I'd fly through random environments endlessly just for fun x_x.

Also, the patch didn’t mention if you implemented the mouse wheel to increase or decrease movement sensitivity or if it was being considered.  I’d consider this pretty important as the environment scale could be quite different to the movement scale, so it becomes important to be able to adjust it.  Just curious :3