[Bf-gamedev] Importing issues

Lina Halper Lina.Halper at epicgames.com
Wed May 7 18:46:50 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have a couple of question about importing part of blender. This test is done using FBXs from UE4 and other sources, and these two seem the biggest hurdle for us to work with blender.

1.       Converting Scene issue
- when importing the FBX exported from UE4 to blender, we see mesh is rotated.
- when we open this in Maya or FBX review, we don't see this issue
- I'm wondering how you convert scene when imported. Do you read current scene set up and convert?
- Now if you modify and export back out, now mesh is rotated

2.       Converting Unit issue
- when importing FBX or Collada, if I have "import unit" option off, it imports as very small (1/100th). If I have that option on, it imports correctly.
- Is this intended?  How do you see your unit conversion with other package?

Thanks,

--Lina,