[Bf-gamedev] GSOC proposal? ES rasterizer + Raspberry Pi

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:44:08 CET 2014

Viewport fx branch contains an up to date OpenGL 3 core profile and OpenGL
ES port.  I left out the android stuff, it only contains the gl stuff.

I estimate it would take me less than a week to port the game engine over
to use the new GL support BUT I have not done it since the main work is
still incomplete and it would just make my branch a bigger target for merge
conflicts (it's already huge, as you can imagine)

I separate effort to port the game engine independent of viewport fx would
be possible.  I certainly wouldn't want to hold you back.  I'd have to
defer to somebody who had a more informed opinion about how much
drawing code blender and the game engine should share.

(Honestly the code in the game engine makes my eyes hurt)