[Bf-gamedev] Some Cycles baking proposals

Matt Three ragingelbows at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:43:43 CET 2014

It shames me that I didn't get back to this sooner. If we could get this
somehow into Blender it would be great. I would love to be able to bake out
albedo / roughness maps for base textures.  It also sort of reminds me of
how Substance Designer / Painter work now, and Blender has sort of always
been a bit behind on game dev features (hell, how many years before
hard/soft edges were fixed?). It would be nice for us to be able to
leapfrog ahead for once, as most next-gen AAA engines (UE4, CryEngine 3.6
when it is released) will use a PBR model.