[Bf-funboard] Small size elements selection improvement

Fredrik Haikarainen fredrik.haikarainen at openmailbox.org
Wed Feb 18 11:21:27 CET 2015

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:44:59 AM Maxim Tkachenko wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I think, that you are already aware of this "problem", but i'll mention it
> here, in feature requests.
>
> When I select some elements from large distance, the smallest elements are
> being ignored by selection. The ones, which are visually (not in fact!)
> overlapped with another.
> Example:
> Here is mesh: http://s30.postimg.org/c6c3vvjht/screenshot_68.png
> I press B and select region:
> http://s30.postimg.org/om8tpmctt/screenshot_69.png
> Here is result: http://s30.postimg.org/gi0pkvqel/screenshot_70.png
> And here is actual close-up result:
> http://s30.postimg.org/g6j9849yp/screenshot_71.png
>
> Is it possible to make complete selection option or something?
>
> It is possible to switch to wireframe mode in this specific case, but if I
> have some complex mesh, I have to select something, then rotate object,
> then deselect elements, that were improperly selected before.
>
> Thank you!

I find it weird that some faces are being culled like that. What happens if you
deselect "Limit selection to visible"? I suspect that is the problem here.

If that is the problem, you'd have to reimplement the selection method all
together as the depth buffer would still be useless for small objects
regardless of how you use it.