[Bf-funboard] feature request for cad like tools such as face rotation alignment snaps protractors and rulers and such

Justas Ingelevičius justas at zvejone.lt
Tue Aug 25 07:53:52 CEST 2015

On 25 August 2015 at 00:02, Twins Linux <matthew.tikiman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think precision type tools worthy of  geometry class are something all
> open-source lovers like  I have always been hurd that blender never
> included them

Hi, actually blender has snapping system so it's not true that it's not
included. This system need only a little improvement, but it exists. I
already suggested small improvement which will make basically what you want
to see. Without turning Blender into CAD program :)

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-funboard/2015-August/006318.html

Proposal description is here: https://developer.blender.org/T45734
Nikolaus Leopold (mangostaniko) wrote that "the imlementation doesn't seem
to be too difficult (really just fitting existing parts together)".

Also I do not think that it's CAD features what I suggested. Abilities to
grab object and put into some precise location are in many artistic
programs. Even such like Inkscape, or in text editors like google docs. So
this improvement would be beneficial to many blender users not only for
these who are engineers.

So just be patient and try to convince developers to implement. We are
developing one Blender addon, so I know how hard is to make something
actually working. So huge respect to Blender team!

Justas

P.s. Knapp, Blender costs not as much as a car, but a lot more than couple
of boeing 747 :)