[Bf-funboard] feature request for cad like tools such as face rotation alignment snaps protractors and rulers and such

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:21:55 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Twins Linux <matthew.tikiman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think precision type tools worthy of  geometry class are something all
> open-source lovers like  I have always been hurd that blender never
> included them  for god sake  a lot of  lay people want to use auto-cad but
> it costs as much as a car  its not fair
>
> please fix blender

Blender also costs as much as a car but you are quite lucky that Ton
decided to give it away.
Blender is not broken. It is an artist's program not an engineer's program.
So, if someone is nice enough to GIVE you auto-cad like features you should
be quite happy AND you should be helping them!
So you're not a programmer? Do some of the art work for them or look for
typos in the code or test it for bugs and send them reports or simply ask
them how you can help!

As open source users it is our responsibility to give back in any way we
can. It is through this giving back that open source project thrive.

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.