[Bf-funboard] Deep compositing.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:46:10 CET 2014

"Advances in technology and the increasing use of 3D in film mean
compositing software has had to adapt quickly and effectively to meet ever
increasing demands.

 The result is deep compositing, a technique which gives a perception of
depth in addition to the usual color and opacity channels.

Why do you need to learn it? Because Deep images can be composited like
regular images, but the depth component makes it easier to determine the
layering order. Deep images have that information for themselves and need
no user input. Edge artifacts are reduced as transparent pixels have more
data to work with. It's a technique that's being adopted by studios around
the world because of the high-quality results it produces.", Mariana
Acuna.--

Does Blender do this? I know that we can output in 3d formats. Might this
be something to start working on?

Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: