[Bf-funboard] Deep compositing.

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:56:37 CET 2014

I guess that the best reason would be lack of system resources. A 32bit
flat image at 24fps can be quite large, now multiply that for the depth of
resolution you require. That is one HUGE data set. Also how would you infer
this for live footage, as there is no simple way to capture density or
depth in the field (other than with a stereo rig).

Blender currently creates a Z-depth pass which we can already use, but I'm
not sure that the volumetrics are going to be integrated. Heck it doesn't
even include alpha AFAIK, you have to hack a mist pass to include textures
etc.