[Bf-funboard] Lattice Objects - Would be nice if control point weights could be set by weight painting.

AIBlender aiblender at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 21:20:28 CET 2014

Hi,

I was recently documenting Lattice Objects and I notice that you could
set a Vertex Groups on them such that only those Lattice Control Points
in the Vertex Group deform an object.

However the only way to set Influence Weights of the Lattice is by using
the Vertex Groups panel.

This works but it is very slow.

It would be very useful (and probably more consistant) if when a Lattice
is selected you could switch into Weight Paint mode like you can for
standard Mesh Object Types.

Apologies if this has already been asked and is not possible/or not
wanted.  Also if this is the wrong list to ask for this feature please
let me know where I should post.

Terry Wallwork

twitter: AIBlender
irc: irc.freenode.net #blenderwiki
webchat: webchat.freenode.net?channels=blenderwiki
g+: google.com/+AdventuresInBlender