[Bf-funboard] Lattice Objects - Would be nice if control point weights could be set by weight painting.

AIBlender aiblender at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 21:40:18 CET 2014

On 12/02/14 20:20, AIBlender wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was recently documenting Lattice Objects and I notice that you could
> set a Vertex Groups on them such that only those Lattice Control
> Points in the Vertex Group deform an object.
>
> However the only way to set Influence Weights of the Lattice is by
> using the Vertex Groups panel.
>
> This works but it is very slow.
>
> It would be very useful (and probably more consistant) if when a
> Lattice is selected you could switch into Weight Paint mode like you
> can for standard Mesh Object Types.
>
> Apologies if this has already been asked and is not possible/or not
> wanted.  Also if this is the wrong list to ask for this feature please
> let me know where I should post.
>
> Terry Wallwork
>
> twitter: AIBlender
> irc: irc.freenode.net #blenderwiki
> webchat: webchat.freenode.net?channels=blenderwiki
> g+: google.com/+AdventuresInBlender

Also just to clarify I know that the Lattice Modifier  supports
supplying a vertex group on an Object which can be weight painted.

I am talking about the Vertex Group that is on the Lattice itself (when
the lattice is selected it is displayed in the Properties Editor >
Object Data Context > Lattice Panel > Vertex Group).