[Bf-funboard] hide by type (filter)

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:00:17 CEST 2013

On Jul 16, 2013 8:19 AM, "Knapp" <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Speaking of outliner box select.. What is the purpose behind the
separate
> > outliner selection context (aka preselection)? For me this just
introduces
> > extra steps.. What is the utility?
>
> I am not sure what you are talking about.

Try border select in the outliner. It doesn't select objects in the
3dviewport.. It just selects lines in the outliner. To turn these outliner
selections into 3d-view selections, you need to right-click on the name
region and choose "select" from the "outliner object operation" menu..

What is the benefit of outliner and 3dview having different selection
contexts? Is this used when the outliner is showing objects? or is this
primarily because the outliner can show all kinds of different things (like
data-blocks) which can't be represented in the 3dview selection?