[Bf-funboard] New Keymap: selection

Paweł Łyczkowski pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
Fri May 11 16:23:23 CEST 2012

I do a lot of modeling, and from the selection tools I find loop select,
loop to region and region to loop most important. Also, I model mostly
poly-by-poly, so the things done most amount of times are extrude edges
and verts - these are done great - and make a new face. At the time make
new face requires 2 precise clicks on edges (precise due to lack of
pre-highlithing) and a keystroke. Since it's done thousands of time in
my workflow any improvement will speed me up. At the moment, I don't use
LMB click-and-drag (or at the default setup RMB click-and-drag) at all,
since, once again, the click must be really precise, and also the
operation requires second click for confirmation, which is cumbersome.
The best solution for me would be if LMB click-and-drag would be set for
circle select, but only active on hold. I would then set the radius to
almost zero, and making a new face would be one mouse stroke (to select
2 edges), and one keystroke. I had this setup in modo - worked great.

But then again, with circle select as it is now, with small radius you
have to move the mouse slowly over an edge, otherwise it won't register,
so that would have to be fixed first.

That, or the LMB click-and-drag should have the second click
confirmation removed.

Regards
Paweł Łyczkowski
plyczkowski.com