[Bf-funboard] Bf-funboard Digest, Vol 79, Issue 8

Jorge Rodriguez jorge at lunarworkshop.com
Fri Jun 8 22:14:20 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:

> In a complex scene you have an object selected. Then you decide to work
> an another part of the scene, the selection is not visible in your
> viewport. Accidentally press X. Work. Work. Save.

Sounds to me like a problem with Blender deleting things without the user
knowing. It's not a problem that can be fixed with confirmations, since
perhaps the user meant to delete something inside the viewport and doesn't
realize that another object outside the viewport is also selected. If we
want to avoid the trash bin then Blender needs to let the user know that it
deleted the object, but there's many ways to do that without bothering the
user with a confirmation request. Otherwise Blender is like Windows Vista's
UAC, constantly asking for permission to do shit, and the user habitually
always presses "Okay" and thus no additional security is had. The
confirmation is just the wrong tool for the job.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez
jorge at lunarworkshop.com
twitter: VinoBS