[Bf-funboard] a call for sanity when it comes to simply selecting something...

"Peter Hähnlein" hidarikiki at gmx.net
Mon Jun 4 00:37:35 CEST 2012

> But you got me courious about "different buttons are used to select in
> different interfaces" - when setting LMB as select, where is RMB used as
> a select?

The outliner, for example (:

The node editor does both LMB and MMB.

  Inconsistency is very bad for newbies. That's why I always set MMB to 'pan view' when I teach blender. Then the 3D-view is consistent with all other windows. Although it's been much easier to switch MMB behavior before 2.5

  On the other hand, I don't mind using RMB to select at all (if it's consistent within Blender). I recently was in London for one of the greatest Seminars possible and while all people drove on 'the wrong side' of the road, I think it's training my flexibility.

  The querty/quertz keyboard shows how standards can be limiting.

Cheers
Pete