[Bf-funboard] Absolute scale in Edit mode

"Peter Hähnlein" hidarikiki at gmx.net
Sat Aug 11 23:35:31 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 21:40:54 +0100
> Von: "ruth at ivimey.org" <ruth at ivimey.org>
> An: bf-funboard at blender.org
> Betreff: Re: [Bf-funboard] Absolute scale in Edit mode

> Talking about scale reminds me that the way the array modifier currently
> works seems very odd to me, as the values entered seem to be relative to the
> size of the object in that dimension. It would be nice,  I think, if they
> were absolute.
>
> Sent from my HTC

  The array modifier has three different ways to create an offset. One of them is 'constant offset' and does exactly what you want. But...

  If you want the offset to match the value, the scale factor of the object must be 1.0

So selecting the object and hitting Ctrl-A >> size can be a good idea

Cheers
Haunt