[Bf-funboard] Particle UV animation

Hendrik Lober hendrik.lober at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 3 20:14:46 CEST 2012

Hey there guys and gals! If I'm creating an animation sheet of an explosion for unity i have the option to set this texture as tiled thus letting the particle's billboards play through the animation. I was wondering if this is possible in blender.

Back a while i messed around with the BGE and did some animated normal maps for water. it was exactly the same as in unity since i just needed to set the amount of tiles in the image properties. But i can remember that this didn't work for renderings.

so my question is: is it possible in blender to have UV animations while rendering? Especially for billboard particles?

the new smoke sim is really cool but i don't have that much render power on my notebook. so it would be a relief to being able to pre-bake a texture sheet of a dissolving blast for example and then just use a
 moderate amount of particles to form a realistic explosion.

thanks in advance for the help