[Bf-funboard] default file

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 23:13:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Benjamin Tolputt
<btolputt at bigpond.net.au>wrote:

> Absolutely true. However, the issue will still be in the area of
> documentation.

Totally.  Well, if that's what it comes down to then I'd be more then
willing to donate my time to work on updating the documentation.  But, how
does one go about doing that?  Ask who?

Actually, no - currently using the toggle swaps SOME of the
> functionality but leaves others. Depending on the tool and/or keyboard
> modifiers used, swapping the buttons may (or may not) work correctly.

Perhaps a report on how much of the functionality is reciprocal and how much
is not is what's needed.  Something to think about.

>  More
> importantly, because of the "benevolent dictator" control of the project
> - submitting a patch to change the defaults will not be accepted.

True.  It seems though that this time the benevolent dictator(s) are a
little more open about the idea of changing things.  They already changed to
default object creating to not align to view for instance.

> Depending on how indepth the 2.50 refactoring is, I'm guessing the best
> way to get this ball rolling is to wait until 2.50 allows us to refactor
> the user interface controls ourselves (i.e. ourside the official
> development tree) and put the settings/defaults file online elsewhere
> along with relevant documentation. A "Beginner's Blender" site if you will.

This idea has been brought up and seems it will be the most likely outcome
at the moment.  I plan on releasing a "my first Blender model" file.
 Haven't quite figured out how or where to host the thing though.
 Suggestions are welcome. :)