[Bf-funboard] snap / align improvements in blender 2.43?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Jan 13 17:59:02 CET 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, [ISO-8859-1] Karl Kühberger wrote:

> I am really glad about all the new stuff in blender 2.43, but blender really
> lacks
> some very basic features to model easy, fast and intuitive.
> For me it seems to be much more easier to code this snap/align feature than
> all the complicated stuff like sculpt, fluid, softbody, ... or am I wrong?

You're right actually. It took me roughly an hour to code DTPBlender's
snap-between-boundboxes and snap-vertices-to-boundboxes features, which
would do both of the things in your examples.

Unfortunately, nobody ever cared to port them...;)

(Yeah, I know, arrogant-ass-mode-self-advertising here again ;)