[Bf-funboard] Re: Some skinning feature ideas

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Tue Apr 3 20:00:24 CEST 2007

Many of the features suggested sound good, or at least not harmful ;)
the problem I'm seeing is a lot of you suggesting new features, actually
don't know some of the ones already there, in some cases giving you the
same or similar functionality to what you ask for.
The can mean one of two things: either you're exceptionally lazy, or the
current interface lacks in design. I tend to think the latter is more
true than the former.
People using blender in production for rigging (malefico, myself,
others) tend to know all the tricks. Some of them were implemented
during plumiferos/orange to directly fill a need. The problem might be
that there is no good design how they all fit together- I don't have any
solutions myself, but I feel that this will get only worse if the new
features proposed are added- then we will get another generation of
users asking for the same things, while some seasoned users will say
"but you can do this five different ways already!, the real problem is
in X"

My verbose way of saying that looking into increasing the
discoverability of what already works is as important as enhancing the
overall functionality. How can we make the existing features easier/more
intuitive to find, and how do we make the new (nice) new ideas fit into
that?