[Bf-funboard] Re: idea to replace center cursor and friends

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat Dec 30 02:19:35 CET 2006

Before thinking about whether it should be a button or a hotkey or
whatever (besides, having a visually accessibly menu doesn't preclude
there being a shortcut key too), it would be best to figure out
exactly how it should work and what it should be used for.

i.e. whether it's some toggle in object or edit mode, or something
beside those two, or whatever will determine how it should be
implemented. I can see a whole bunch of uses for something like this,
such as:

* selecting multiple center points of multiple objects and offsetting/
rotating/etc them
* grabbing an object center and moving it to snap to a specific
vertex or edge or whatever (eg. quickly making a cube pivot on one of
its corners rather than than on its centre

* should it be animatable?

Can any of you come up with other examples of usage?

cheers

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net