[Bf-funboard] Re: idea to replace center cursor and friends

Peter Haehnlein hidarikiki at gmx.net
Sat Dec 30 06:08:34 CET 2006

Hi Matt

   Actually I think this is somewhat bigger than just moving object
centers. Basically it's the idea of decoupling temporarily. Moving a
center without moving the mesh that depends on the object center. Here's
a second idea: Moving the parent without moving the child (if that isn't
already in Blender, but I missed it so far).

   Could Bassams idea get almost as universal as for example Gkey itself?

   I would suggest a shortcut in translation mode (the shortcuts in the
white modes are not as crowded) and call it

counter-apply or reverse-apply

   I mean thats what happens, isn't it? Doing a translation with the
object and counteract on all dependant data, so you don't see a visible
effect. I don't know if such a broad scope is possible, though.

   By the way, I'd really miss the 'center new' button. I use that
frequently for wheels of all sorts (a center shortcut in whitemode would
do it as well, I think).

Haunt