[Bf-funboard] Re: idea to replace center cursor and friends

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Sat Dec 30 01:46:14 CET 2006

Absolutely don't want a mode the object mode/edit mode / centre mode
menu (that's terrible!) yeah, a simple switch, Clicking on the center
directly is a cool idea, but might be a targeting problem for certain
cases, i.e. a vert that is exactly in the center- or just use a hotkey
once transform is initiated as mentioned earlier in the thread ( insert
key I'm told is used in maya for this purpose). On the other hand, there
is an "align centres" button in the 3d header to make it easy to lign up
things by scaling their centers, perhaps it's okay to also have a button
(in addition to hotkey) there (at least for me, the header is not
cluttered yet), but I won't fight for a specific implementation, so long
as we choice a nice one.
Bassam