[Bf-funboard] Particle groups

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:48:02 CEST 2005

Saw this request in the forums and it seems like a good idea,

[QUOTE]Basically what I want is a way to easily duplicate complex
particle systems (where you are using more than one emiter to make the
right effect), have them grouped and simply tell Blender, "I want this
particle system to play here, here, and here and play it back at these
points in time."

In other words I want particle systems in Blender to work the the same
way that it works in video games, where you just say, "Explosion
happens here", and it will make an instance of your particle system
there.

Otherwise, which is the way it works now, I have to select all the
particle systems, duplicate them, and then change the start and stop
times of every single one of them. For the scene that I'll be working
on in the future, we are talking about hundreds of bullets hitting
walls and making chunks of rock and sparks fly everywhere. Multiply 4
(which is the number of emiters to make the blast), by 100, and you
get the idea. Not fun. That's hard to manage and will make a bit of a
mess.[/QUOTE]

LetterRip