[Bf-funboard] Re: Feature Request: 3D Window locked on

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Aug 22 14:44:44 CEST 2005

Hi

Robert Wenzlaff (AB8TD) wrote:

>You also have the option of parenting an empty and
using the empty as
>camera.

Yes, I know what you mean, but it doesn't seem to work
as I meant. As a workaround what I normally do is to
have four cameras around each main character
travelling with them, but it isn't either comfortable
to use nor as quick as it should to setup (better than
nothing though!). Plus there is the view distortion
which I dont want to see.

>On Sunday 21 August 2005 21:50, alex wrote:
>>I once had exactly this feature in
instinctive-blender. Couldn't
>>find too many real uses for it, so I ditched it...
But seems
>>like some might consider it useful :)
>>
>>To take away your worries: It's pretty trivial to
code :)

Mind you ! There is a user for every line of code :-))
!!!! Do you have more code in your thrash bin you
might want to share ;-) ?

> AFAIK this feature is already implemented in
> Softimage and deemed really
> useful.
>
> Just another small thing that might ease work for
> the busy animator. Is
> anybody willing to make a collection of small but
> cool ideas for Blender
> which are supposedly easy to implement?

I have a couple more, dunno how easy to implement they
might be though...

Regards

malefico.