[Bf-funboard] Special Animation Vertices

J L bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:06:36 +1200

Hi,

Currently, Blender supports Absolute Vertex Keys (meshes that can only be
translated and rotated during animation), and Relative Vertex Keys (other
meshes based on a reference mesh containing a modified shape that can be
mixed together to form expressions). As far as I know, I haven't seen any
other program with any more than that.

However, I was wondering if another type of control/vertex/thingy could be
added. This type of vertex is added onto a mesh but an object cannot be
formed from them alone. These vertices are placed onto an existing mesh in
places such as the corner of a mouth, chin, or other facial features, and
move the normal vertices nearby (as defined using constraints or weights)
when they are dragged to another position nearby. This I assume, would save
time and effort when animating, as doing this by bones means that the
vertices have to be painstakingly assigned to many bones protruding from the
centre of the mesh. Using Relative Vertex Keys means that every vertex has
to be moved by hand; or groups selected, moved, adjusted, etc. Wouldn't this
tool be good to move everything where it should roughly be before refining?

Aligorith

Listen to music online with the Xtra Broadband Channel
http://xtra.co.nz/broadband