[Bf-docboard] Propsal: fundamentals, citation

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:47:06 CET 2016

Hello Tobias,
I would recommend you keep the project light and use something like https://www.gitbook.com/.
The tool is not so important of course, so you could first make your plan public and well structured/presented in your wiki.blender.org user page and share it again here.

The blender wiki will not be shut down. We simply moved the documentation from it to Sphinx. All other docs and proposals stay on the wiki.

Best regards,
Francesco

On 25 January 2016 at 17:23:16, Tobias Heinke (heinke.tobias at t-online.de) wrote:

How are you guys doing?

@ Francesco - probably

|> Do I get a [branch]?
I'm going to write the Fundamentals to some extends independent of the 100%-decision whether it's going to be added to the manual someday.
But I want to give anybody the chance to contribute as early as possible. (Directional decision are to be made early in this project)
Where could I host it (if I'm allowed to) Sphinx or MediaWiki?
Is there a plan to shut MediaWiki down? I definitely need some help setting this up - I don't want to destroy anything.
I read Sphinx has branches implemented? In MediaWiki I would host it on a personal MW-side?

|> [SVG] It's Christmas right?
I want SVG 1.1 TINY as 3th image format:
pros:
editable!, wide browser support (mobile), crisp & sharp, tiny, accessible (text to speech)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_layout_engines_%28SVG%29)
If you can't view it with the browser, you can import it in blender :)
Can be treated it like an image
Can be exported with Blender NPR
cons:
can be done wrong (e.g. scaling) (, but you can also do images wrong [resolution, artefact's])

|> [Markup] To get rid of it:
To be honest I really don't like idea of meta markups: it's not easier to learn than plain html.
A markup of a markup - that's stupid - Excuse my negativity.
The script just has to add menus, CSS classes and internal links anyway.
The decision had already been made, so I didn't mentioned it earlier, but having to use it now:

translate: html    |manually>    rts    |script>     html

And no I don't want to write in rts - I don't want to do more than press save and reload to get a preview.

Best regards,
Tobias