[Bf-docboard] Propsal: fundamentals, citation

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Mon Jan 25 17:22:51 CET 2016

How are you guys doing?

@ Francesco - probably

|> Do I get a [branch]?
I'm going to write the Fundamentals to some extends independent of the
100%-decision whether it's going to be added to the manual someday.
But I want to give anybody the chance to contribute as early as
possible. (Directional decision are to be made early in this project)
Where could I host it (if I'm allowed to) Sphinx or MediaWiki?
Is there a plan to shut MediaWiki down? I definitely need some help
setting this up - I don't want to destroy anything.
I read Sphinx has branches implemented? In MediaWiki I would host it on
a personal MW-side?

|> [SVG] It's Christmas right?
I want SVG 1.1 TINY as 3th image format:
pros:
editable!, wide browser support (mobile), crisp & sharp, tiny,
accessible (text to speech)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_layout_engines_%28SVG%29)
If you can't view it with the browser, you can import it in blender :)
Can be treated it like an image
Can be exported with Blender NPR
cons:
can be done wrong (e.g. scaling) (, but you can also do images wrong
[resolution, artefact's])

|> [Markup] To get rid of it:
To be honest I really don't like idea of meta markups: it's not easier
to learn than plain html.
A markup of a markup - that's stupid - Excuse my negativity.
The script just has to add menus, CSS classes and internal links anyway.
The decision had already been made, so I didn't mentioned it earlier,
but having to use it now:

translate: html    |manually>    rts    |script>     html

And no I don't want to write in rts - I don't want to do more than press
save and reload to get a preview.

Best regards,
Tobias