[Bf-docboard] What has been done so far....

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:39:49 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:30 AM, Abuelo S. B. Chdancer
<playadance at gmail.com> wrote:
> The technical approach has been to make better the bits that can be made
> better by technology. I saw that the new website has a search box and side
> panel navigation. I vaguely registered that there's some kind of software
> available for editors to get into the website and jiggle around with the
> content in some way. Beyond that I haven't a clue what the tech people are
> talking about.
>
> I think they have probably done an excellent job.
>
> They have done what is in their power to do, and it seems that they have
> copied over lots of the old content as a default because no one has decided
> the basics of
>
> what type of manual we want...
>
> what it should contain and essentially
>
> its very purpose.
>
> Somewhere far away on a web server there is a list of poeple who may have
> made these decisions, but I am unaware of any of that.
>
> I will circulate a draft soon...

Yep, this is a conversation we need to have (sooner then later).

It seems people who are involved in the writing side of making a
manual are just not very active/vocal.

I mailed the list asking for feedback on writing styles (as in style
for the actual content) and got no response.

It would be really good if people on this list who are interested to
be involved as writers would speak up more and try to help get a
clearer focus for the manual.