[Bf-docboard] Wiki - Naiad "off-line" scheme, PDF+ePub extension

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 12:44:39 CEST 2013

Hello Mirek!

> # I download Naiad wiki template (approx 43 php, js, css files,  320kB) and
> I tried insert it into my personal wiki running on XAMP/win7 engine w/o
> success. I would like to translate texts (in wiki final syntax) during my
> travelling without connectivity to the net (very similar to off-line
> standalone wiki - see below). Do anybody plan to describe Naiad template
> into deep details? Or better way: who can help me with this offline config?
> My idea comes only from transferring a couple of chapters e.g. standalone
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:CZ/2.6/Manual/Modeling tree with
> english pictures, Not complete wiki mirror!

Working with and offline configuration very similar to the current
wiki is possible but quite complicated. I would not recommend it. What
you can do is get the wiki text into text files and translate those
offline.

> # Do somebody plan to implement PDF and eBook export from wiki? I think
> about publishing some handy chapters for studying purposes - during
> travelling (again )

There were plans for this, but it's progressing very slowly. This
happens because the current wiki infrastructure does not support this
kind of workflows (and the number of contributors is very small).

Francesco