[Bf-docboard] Proposal for new wiki update work.

Nkansah Rexford nkansahrexford at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:55:26 CET 2012

On Thursday, December 20, 2012, Knapp wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Nkansah Rexford
> <nkansahrexford at gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Hmmmm....
> >
> > Well, I've been using Blender over a year now. I'm good in modeling
> (using
> > references - not an artist naturally), texturing, physics simulations,
> > rigging, animation, compositing (still studying the theories) and other
> > general blender use.
> >
> > I'm not good in Blender Game Engine and Scripting (i'm not the coding
> type,
> > though I can read python codes and tweak them a bit).
> >
> > I've been working on Blender Academy for some few months now with the
> aim of
> > helping train persons here in Ghana in Blender.
> >
> > Availability? At least I can spend 3 hours daily on Blender though I'm a
> > website developer + the coordinator for an upcoming wikimedia chapter in
> > ghana.
> >
> > I've worked on some few stuffs on my youtube channel and have much of my
> > portfolio on +Blender Academy
> >
> > I'm still learning more and my greatest challenge now is that, I'm not
> able
> > to use Blender Cycles simply because both my laptop and desktop hasn't
> got
> > nVidia GPU's. That's my greatest setback in Blender and I just don't know
> > when that is gonna be resolved. Until then (if in 20 years time), i'm
> still
> > gonna stuck with Blender Render.
>
> Blender Render will teach you more that cycles ever could about light.
> To master it you need to really understand light. Andrew has a lot of
> good non-Academy tuts that show this. Also don't forget the other
> render engines out there! Really in the end it is all about waiting.
> You can render anything, if you are willing to wait and don't over
> look the online render tools.
>
> Also computers are 2 times better every 14 months. You might be low on
> the tech curve but you will still get better stuff at your level every
> 14 months! Plus don't be afraid to sell you work out of country. If
> you are good enough you can work freelance for people in first world
> countries and get really good pay checks for you.

Well said. However, I guess I'm not perfect, neither am I too dumb too in
Blender. But i think the competition out there in the outside world is *very
fierce *to the extent that I'll have to sharpen my skills very well, and
acquire the necessary resources such as good pc with relatively good
performance to get into the real world.

I love Andrew's tutorials. He's perfect, perhaps because he's been
blendering over 8 years now. I won't spend 8 years to reach his level
though, but i've got a long way to go.

:)

thanks
rexford