[Bf-docboard] Proposal for new wiki update work.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:49:36 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Nkansah Rexford
<nkansahrexford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmmm....
>
> Well, I've been using Blender over a year now. I'm good in modeling (using
> references - not an artist naturally), texturing, physics simulations,
> rigging, animation, compositing (still studying the theories) and other
> general blender use.
>
> I'm not good in Blender Game Engine and Scripting (i'm not the coding type,
> though I can read python codes and tweak them a bit).
>
> I've been working on Blender Academy for some few months now with the aim of
> helping train persons here in Ghana in Blender.
>
> Availability? At least I can spend 3 hours daily on Blender though I'm a
> website developer + the coordinator for an upcoming wikimedia chapter in
> ghana.
>
> I've worked on some few stuffs on my youtube channel and have much of my
> portfolio on +Blender Academy
>
> I'm still learning more and my greatest challenge now is that, I'm not able
> to use Blender Cycles simply because both my laptop and desktop hasn't got
> nVidia GPU's. That's my greatest setback in Blender and I just don't know
> when that is gonna be resolved. Until then (if in 20 years time), i'm still
> gonna stuck with Blender Render.

Blender Render will teach you more that cycles ever could about light.
To master it you need to really understand light. Andrew has a lot of
good non-Academy tuts that show this. Also don't forget the other
render engines out there! Really in the end it is all about waiting.
You can render anything, if you are willing to wait and don't over
look the online render tools.

Also computers are 2 times better every 14 months. You might be low on
the tech curve but you will still get better stuff at your level every
14 months! Plus don't be afraid to sell you work out of country. If
you are good enough you can work freelance for people in first world
countries and get really good pay checks for you.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: