[Bf-docboard] Page Update (Doc:2.6/Manual/Introduction/Installing Blender/Linux)

Kesten Broughton solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 01:34:33 CET 2012

it does seem inelegant to have os and windowmanager specific stuff
sprinkled throughout the wiki.
However, it's very frustrating when an instruction set doesn't work with
your flavor distro.

What about having a "platform specific issues" section and then general
wiki pages could link with "there are some __platform_specific_issues__".

The platform/wm specific section could be organized by major section and
would hopefully but mostly empty.

Another option would be to direct the reader to the Discussion tab for the
given page, where less formal, less maintained, but still useful material
could be tossed around.

Kesten Broughton
President and Technology Director,
Solar Mobile Trailers