[Bf-docboard] Do we need a Blender Manual?

Kesten Broughton solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 17:45:09 CET 2012

my ideal learning support is a video tutorial, with a table of contents
with time markers into the video.  However, from a maintenance perspective,
it's so much easier to change a few lines of text than to re-record part or
all of a video when blender ui changes.  And it's much more friendly to
download an entire wiki to hardrive than a video lib for people who have to
work offline or have bad connections.

No doubt about it, wiki is an essential tool.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Willie Pierce <knightwalkr at gmail.com>wrote:

> As a note I personally prefer a written explanation on how tools work.
>  Maybe a base tutorial on how to use them but written out tutorials and
> explanations.
>
> Video tutorials are nice but I like having written out explanations so if
> you have to look something up you don't have to scrub all through a set of
> videos; instead you can simply skim through the writing to find the section
> you need and look at what you need.
>
> Sent from my iPad

Kesten Broughton
President and Technology Director,