[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Wiki Changes

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 7 21:57:25 CET 2011

Hi Jared.

Today, it seems you tried to clear a bit the 2.5 mess.

*PLEASE STOP*

I don’t want to be rude, but adding pages like
Doc:2.5/Manual/Animation/Techs/Object/Constraint to replace
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.5/Manual/Animation/Constraints
is *not* the way to go! That kind of thing must be done by *moving* the
page from its old name (path) to its new one, which you can’t do.

This added extra work for us (having to manually redirect the old page
to the new name!).

Further more, we are in the process of reviewing 2.5 manual these days,
it’s an ugly work to do, and wild changes made during it make it even
worse… :(

You’ve done a hard work so far, but unfortunately anarchically. Thus,
we’d just like you to wait a few days, not touching the 2.5 manual.
Then, we will publish on this list our report over 2.5 state, and from
there we’ll define what to do. You’ll obviously be very welcome in the
fixing&writing team! :)

Regards,
Bastien Montagne