[Bf-docboard] Blender.org education/help section

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:56:44 CEST 2011

Hi all,

please avoid to upload a bunch of images all at once right now on the wiki.

The automated reference activity is scheduled for the next weeks and
it has to be automated properly, and more importantly it has to be on
the wiki server itself.

It's not desirable to have this done by users, form many reasons:
1) bandwidth: there's no reason we upload stuff from outside
2) files order: I'll try to put UI reference images in a different dir
than upload, so that for a certain blender version we overwrite a
certain image to refresh it when needed
3) good naming: if users will do this, it will be a mess, because
everyone chooses different conventions all the times, so I prefer to
manage this server side

The whole concept of an automated reference is about giving correct
and repeatable names to images and commands.
Reference text will be of course editable but reference images I'd prefer not.
Users can always take screenshots and upload in wiki, but not right in
the Reference.

Last but not least, this is part of the wiki upgrade/enhancement
project, which is done by me, Marco and Francesco (as of now).
We know what we're doing, but we need some time to do things in the
right order: even if it might not be evident, we're working hard on
the wiki (and the appropriate reports will come laters).

As said in previous months mails:
- any significant editing should be done in the sandbox
- massive uploads are not desidered for obvious reasons

Regards,
Luca